From September 2014 Schools are required to deliver the new Computing curriculum which incorporates teaching eSafety and online responsibility. There will be a clear legal responsibility on schools to manage pupils' behaviour inside, outside of school including online.
Jabble provides the complete solution to allow teachers, parents and educators to teach children how to secure their digital space. It also allows schools to fulfil the new computing curriculum.
Introducing a new look Jabble.co.uk for 2014! Take a look at our site preview here
We provide a safe, closed environment, where primary children can network safely with their peers. Children can send messages, chat and play games
We provide parents, teachers and children with in-built tools for highlighting and dealing with any unwanted behaviour.
Children can only access social features on Jabble via authenticated school subscriptions which helps us to verify that users really are who they say they are. For a small yearly subscription schools can access the following benefits:
- Manage the online behaviour of your class
- See full transcripts of activity - all networking is fully visible to teachers and parents
- Effortlessly implement the new computing curriculum into your classroom and ICT lessons
- Use planner tool to set homework, plot important dates, message all children in your class
- Promote positive behaviour online by awarding online 'rewards'
- Re-inforce the SAFER message
- Ensure your school is fully compliant with the requirements of the new Computing curriculum
- Evidence to Ofsted that you are taking steps to address the issue of cyber-bullying
- Provide a recommended alternative for your school to the less secure sites such as Facebook
- Ensure that your pupils are networking in a closed, moderated environment, where they are constantly learning how to use social networking responsibly
- Eradicate online issues amongst your pupils
- Ensure your pupils are not using social networking sites whilst underage
- Access to Parent Pages featuring full communication logs, custom safety settings and moderation controls.
- In-built tools for highlighting and dealing with any unwanted behaviour
- Approve your child's friend requests and set time limits for use
- Email alerts for notifying you of your child's activity
- A safer, social network for you and your friends
- Send messages, chat and play games
- Create an avatar and customise with extras and clothes
- Earn rewards for completing SAFER themed actions
- Message Jabble and he will send you a personal message back!
Safer Surfing workshops
We deliver fun and interactive workshops, which teach your KS2 children about staying safe online, and promote safe and positive internet use.
By the end of the workshop your children will be:
- Safer and informed on internet and gaming issues
- Empowered to manage risks and use the internet in a fun and safe way
- Able to make wise decisions regarding their own internet safety
- Given an understanding of responsible use of social networking and instant messaging sites
- Confident when using the internet
We also offer a parent and teacher workshop. This is designed to help teachers and parents understand current technologies, their potential risks and how they can deal with any problems that may arise. It is designed to work in conjunction with the Safer Surfing workshop, to provide an inclusive education for all those involved with securing a digital world for their children.
Contact us for more information or download our ebrochure here
eSafety and Computing INSET Training
We are currently developing our eSafety and Computing INSET training. Please contact us on (01748) 352100 with your requirements.
Tap, touch and turn. Drag, drop and learn!
Jabble, the Safer Social Network for children presents Jabble PLAY. Aimed at pre-school children, Jabble PLAY encourages exploration and learning through play. The app consists of a suite of mini-games which children can tap, touch and turn, helping them to improve co-ordination and motor skills. There are lots of games to choose from, each with their own amusing outcome for completing the task: mix paint, find the Yeti, feed the monkey and much more!
To download, visit the Apple App Store now